Art classes: Painting Beachscapes in Acrylic
With local Sunshine Coast artist Kevin Wells
Wednesdays 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Nov. 15 to Dec. 6, 2023 (4 classes)
Local artist Kevin Wells is holding four 3-hour acrylic painting sessions. During each session, students will complete a different picture for a total of four (4) paintings.
This focus will help promote a looser style and strengthen your ability to make compositional, design, and colour choices.
It’s a perfect way to practice for plein air painting.
For the first 3 sessions the instructor will provide a different beachscape image/topic and will paint along with the students while talking about choices, and allowing room for personal interpretation and style. The beachscapes will include a variety of themes, including rocks, sand, cliffs, trees, skies etc. For the final class, students will choose an image of their own to work on.
A pre-course video is be available at www.kevinjwells.com/videos to set the scene
so you can come ready for action.
Sponsored by Pender Harbour
Living Heritage Society
- $110 (includes a 1 year single membership for 2024)
Supplies to Bring
- your own acrylic paints and supplies
- 4 canvasses/canvas boards sized 16 x 12 (one for each class)
- For the final class, your own beachscape image to work on
- something to cover the table in your workspace
Please register below. You can pay by etransfer, cash, or cheque.
Register for Fall 2023 Art Classes: Beachscapes In Acrylic
- Etransfer: send to email@example.com and put Art Class in the memo.
- Cash or Cheque: please bring to the first class